Single file – Head behind heads
Stay to the right
Stop for other classes
Stay as quiet as possible
1. Students will enter for breakfast at 8:50.
2. Students will enter the building at 9:00. Students arriving before 9:00will line up on the front walkway by grade level. K-1 closest to the wall, 2-3 next to the columns, 4-5 In front of guidance office next to wall facing trailers.
3. Students will enter the building quietly.
4. All non homeroom teachers will be at their assigned post.
5. All classroom teachers will greet their students outside their classroom entrances.
6. Students will unpack their back packs and prepare for the day.
7. Students will begin morning work.
8. The Moment of Silence will begin at 9:10.
9. Morning announcements will follow the Moment of Silence.
10. Students arriving after 9:10 will receive a tardy pass from the office.
1. Students will prepare for dismissal at 3:25.
2. End of the day announcements will begin at 3:30.
3. Students will be packed and ready for dismissal by 3:35.
4. All non homeroom staff should report to their duty.
5. Walkers within the main building will be dismissed exiting the door at the end of the 3rd grade hallway. Walkers from the trailers will walk in the Kindergarten door and out the 3rd grade door.
6. All car riders will exit out the front door and day care students will be sent to the cafeteria and dismissed out the front doors. Car riders and daycare van riders from the trailers will enter the building at the Kindergarten hallway and proceed to the cafeteria for daycare or out the front doors for car riders.
7. All bus riders will be dismissed as their buses arrive. Bus students are to exit out the doors by the kindergarten hallway from the building. Bus riders from the trailers will go directly to the buses.
1. Classroom bathroom breaks are encouraged in all grades.
2. When classroom breaks are taken the teacher will inspect the bathroom before and after the break and sign the bathroom log.
3. Outside of classroom bathroom breaks, students must ask permission to use the rest room individually.
4. In grades 2-5, if permission is given, a boy/girl buddy system will be used. Students must sign out using the classroom bathroom log. They will print their name and time on the log.
5. After signing the log, students may go to the bathroom together with a Pass.
6. In the Bathroom students are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner in the bathroom and hallway.
Upon reentering the class the students should check back in by logging in their return time.
Note: possible reasons permission is not given
· Another student using the bathroom
· Teacher instruction is occurring
· Reading groups are in session
· Halls are too busy
· Too frequent use of the bathroom.
1. Students will enter the cafeteria and place their backpacks and jackets neatly on the floor, in assigned areas, in the back of the cafeteria.
2. Students will line up single file, get their breakfast, and sit down where instructed by breakfast duty staff.
3. All students remaining in the cafeteria at 9:10 will be sent to their classrooms with a breakfast pass.
4. Students will report to their classrooms following hallway procedures.
1. Teachers must bring and receive students from the cafeteria on time.
2. Teachers will designate 2 table washers and floor sweepers from each class.
3. Teachers will discuss appropriate cafeteria manners with their students.
4. Teachers will discuss with students the Yorkshire Bulldog Positive reinforcement plan.
(15 bulldogs earned-fine dining, 25 bulldogs earned-popcorn and a movie)
5. Books will not be allowed to in the cafeteria.
1. Apologize politely when a student requests, food or condiments and explain that it is their responsibility to pick up these items.
2. Have one table at a time throw away their trash, have the helpers clean their areas and line students up in the back of the cafeteria.
3. If a teacher is continually late in picking up their students notify the office.
4. Remind students of their behavior.
5. Do not punish an entire class for the behavior of one student.
6. Hand out the bulldog at the end of the lunch period.
7. Do not argue with students, do not touch students, and do not shout at students. If a student needs to be spoken too walk over and explain to them what is wrong.
8. If a student is out of control contact the office for removal of the student.
1. Students will walk through the cafeteria line quietly.
2. Students will be polite to adults in the serving line and all cafeteria personnel, by saying please and thank you.
3. Students will remember food, and condiments. No one will go back for these items.
4. Students will use good manners when eating lunch including:
· Talking to people only at their table
· Eating properly
· Picking up their own trash
5. Students will eat their own food.
6. Students will stay in their seats until they are dismissed by the hostess.
7. Students will raise their hand if there is a problem at their table.
8. Students will follow the directions of all adults and observe all school wide rules.
9. Students will line up quietly when dismissed.
1. Classes attending assemblies will be called by grade level.
2. Students will proceed to the cafeteria following hallway procedures.
3. Students will enter the assembly quietly, sit criss/cross style and wait for further instructions.
4. Upon completion of the assembly students will remain seated until dismissed.