Yorkshire School Counseling Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Yorkshire Elementary Professional School Counseling Program is to provide a comprehensive school counseling program that focuses on students’ academic, personal / social and career development. Using data and research based programs, we will work collaboratively with staff, parents and the community to help students develop strong character and achieve academic success.
Yorkshire School Counseling Program Vision
We believe that all students will be caring, show qualities of leadership and will be life-long learners throughout their educational career and beyond.
Yorkshire School Counseling Program Beliefs
The professional school counselors at Yorkshire believe that:
- All students can achieve and be successful.
- With a comprehensive school counseling program, we can address the developmental needs of every student.
- School counselors are leaders who collaborate & coordinate opportunities for growth academically, socially, and emotionally in every student, which in turn prepares them for future success in career and life.
- The school counselors, administration, staff, School Counseling Advisory Council, parents, and community all play an integral part in the planning, managing, delivery and evaluation of the school counseling program.
- As part of a comprehensive school counseling program, data and research based Programs are consistently used to guide program goals and the methods to achieve those goal.
- School counselors apply the ASCA ethical standards for school counselors in the ongoing efforts to provide a world-class, comprehensive school counseling program.